- Collections textbook (black cover) needed next class.
- Transfer/waitlist/new-to-Landon students have extension on summer reading assignments. Please complete and submit at your earliest convenience. You have until the end of the first nine weeks, but I recommend getting it completed sooner, rather than later as assignments (in my and other classes) do pile up if you choose to wait.
- Continued to collect summer reading assignments (which were due first day of ELA,) communal supplies such as post-its, sanitizer/wipes, tissues, copy/computer paper. These items may be brought in throughout the week.
- Students could turn in their Syllabus early.
- Students received a copy of the Cast Member (class jobs) Application and referenced the Cast Member Descriptions page to help them complete their application. Time was given in class to work on this, but students who did not finish could take it home and submit it next class.
- Students worked on their Achieve 3000 Level Set Test. One occurs at the beginning, middle, and end of the year and these tests must be completed in class. Students who did not finish–there were some technology glitches–will be given additional time next class.
- Students completed the Learning Styles Questionnaire and completed the Me at a Glance handout. We’re skipping the multiple intelligence survey. For each category on the questionnaire, one point equals one box on the handout. So if a student scores 15 points on Visual, they’d count out 15 boxes and shade the first 15 boxes of the visual row. Time was given in class to work on this, but students who did not finish could take it home and submit it next class.
- Some classes were able to finish the Collections textbook scavenger hunt.
- Get syllabus signed and return entire page by 8/19 (A) & 8/22 (B.)
- Bring Collections textbook (black cover) to next class.
- If not finished in class, complete the Me at a Glance handout and Cast Member (class jobs) Application by 8/23 (A) & 8/24 (B) and submit to the class inbox. Specific directions above in the assignment section.
- Extra credit: have your parent/guardian send an email to the teacher with the following contents: 1) student first and last name 2) parent first and last name 3) period that you have ELA and 4) one fact you want me to know about the student due by 8/25 (A) & 8/26 (B.)