- Collections textbook (black cover) needed until told to stop bringing it.
- Revision: new/transfer/wait list students are exempt from the summer reading assignments. Students who were at Landon last year are expected to turn in assignments and they’re overdue. They were due the first day of ELA.
- Students checked out a personal copy of the Contender novels during lunch on 8/22. If absent, there will be make-up days. Only let Ms. Barker know if you are unable to secure your copy. The novel won’t be needed until later in the quarter, so place it in your locker until given further notice.
- Syllabus due today. Will not accept after next class for partial credit.
- Cast Member (class jobs) Application and referenced the Cast Member Descriptions page to help them complete their application due today, but will accept next class.
- Learning Styles Questionnaire and completed the Me at a Glance handout due today, but will accept next class.
- Students who had not completed the Achieve 3000 Level Set finished the assessment (as allowable by technology.)
- The class read p. 221 – 224 of “Life at Home in the 21st Century” from their Collections textbook and took notes on it in their comp. books. Each class has their own set of notes, please be sure you’re referencing the correct notes from the 08.19 Life at Home Central Idea power point. (May be easier to view in regular mode as presentation mode may cut off information.)
- Get syllabus signed and return entire page by next class for partial credit.
- Bring Collections textbook (black cover) to next class.
- If not finished in class, complete the Me at a Glance handout and Cast Member (class jobs) Application by 8/23 (A) & 8/24 (B) and submit to the class inbox. Specific directions above in the assignment section.
- Extra credit: have your parent/guardian send an email to the teacher with the following contents: 1) student first and last name 2) parent first and last name 3) period that you have ELA and 4) one fact you want me to know about the student due by 8/25 (A) & 8/26 (B.)