- Weekly Choice A3K articles start this week. For the breakdown please see the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K tab at the top. This will take you to the reference page and will re-direct you to more detailed blog posts should you need more information about differences, scoring, etc. The article analysis sheets will start next week!
- Collections textbook (black cover) needed until told to stop bringing it.
- Students checked out a personal copy of the Contender novels during lunch on 8/22. If absent, there will be make-up days. Only let Ms. Barker know if you are unable to secure your copy. The novel won’t be needed until later in the quarter, so place it in your locker until given further notice.
- The class discussed the central idea of the text and found evidence within the text that support the central idea.
- The class broke into stations:
- Teacher met with select groups to ensure everyone was comprehending the text and citing evidence appropriately to support their answers.
- Students completed the Achieve 3000: “Watch This! TVs are Changing” (BR poll – AR poll tabs.) This is a classwork grade (due today,) so it does not count towards this week’s A3Ks.
- Students worked in groups to complete the Analyzing the Text questions 1-8, Critical Vocabulary questions 1-5, and Vocabulary Strategy section for “Life at Home in the 21st Century.” Questions found on p. 230 – 231 of the Collections textbook. More class time will be given to complete the assignment.
- Students closed the lesson by re-evaluating their analysis of the text “Life at Home in the 21st Century.”
- Bring Collections textbook (black cover) to next class.
- Weekly A3Ks will be required each week. This week’s are due Sunday, 8/28 regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page.