- Audio files extra credit opportunity is closed. The search for the PDF is still on. For more details please see the original post.
- This Monday was the last offering of Make-up Monday for the first quarter. We will continue to meet from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom. The only cancellation in the foreseeable future is for Monday, Oct. 31st, but it will continue to meet before and after that date.
- The Contender pacing guide will be updated to reflect the new A/B day schedule once the new calendar is released to teachers to show how weather days will be made up. In the mean time, pay attention to the dates on your current pacing guide. Pop quiz postponed. Read up and be prepared.
- Due to the end of the quarter wrap up, I thank you for your patience as I respond to a higher volume of emails and enter remaining grades. The only remaining assignments to be input are: Quiz Recycles for “Earth (A Gift Shop)”/ “Teens and New Tech” and the differentiated tasks either the Questions 1-7 or the Performance Task for “Dump”/”How Things Work.”
- (1A only) The class took a Contender Quiz today. These quizzes will occur periodically and are not eligible for recycle.
- The class read “Always Wanting More” p. 233 Collections textbook and completed a T-Chart in their comp. book with questions on the left and evidence on the right. Students did NOT have to generate questions and instead used one of the two questions (eventually answering both) in the left column and wrote the evidence/explanation to connect how the evidence answered the setting the purpose questions from p. 233. Due at the end of class. Absent students may borrow a peer’s comp. book to see examples gone over in class and for reference, but must complete their work on their own.
- Students who finished the reading/chart worked on Achieve 3000: “Teens Saving, Not Spending” (BR poll – AR poll.)
- Collections textbook, The Contender novel, and Close Reader workbook needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page. Remember this is a regular home learning grade and the first one for the second quarter.
- Contender novel needed daily. Use the Contender pacing guide to keep up with the nightly reading. Pay attention to dates instead of A/B day until new pacing calendar is distributed.