- Audio files extra credit opportunity is closed. The search for the PDF is still on. For more details please see the original post. Last chance to earn this extra credit for 1st nine weeks is by submitting email to me by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday evening. Afterward it will be extra credit for the 2nd nine weeks.
- This Monday was the last offering of Make-up Monday for the first quarter. We will continue to meet from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom. The only cancellation in the foreseeable future is for Monday, Oct. 31st, but it will continue to meet before and after that date.
- The Contender pacing guide will be updated to reflect the new A/B day schedule once the new calendar is released to teachers to show how weather days will be made up. In the mean time, pay attention to the dates on your current pacing guide. Pop quiz postponed. Read up and be prepared.
- Due to the end of the quarter wrap up, I thank you for your patience as I respond to a higher volume of emails and enter remaining grades. The only remaining assignments to be input are: Quiz Recycles for “Earth (A Gift Shop)”/ “Teens and New Tech” and the differentiated tasks either the Questions 1-7 or the Performance Task for “Dump”/”How Things Work.”
- (1A only) Did not meet due to PSAT testing. Keep up with the home learning. See below.
- (3A only) Met briefly due to PSAT testing. Students worked on Achieve 3000: “Teens Saving, Not Spending” (BR poll – AR poll) with article analysis sheet.
- (4A only) Met for their regular class:
- Students completed a bell ringer (ambassadors do not need to make it up.)
- The class discussed their reading for last class and discussed topics such as voice, author’s tone, and word choice.
- The class broke up into groups, assigned by the teacher based on student performance of last class’ closing question. Students either:
- Chose their groups and had a discussion (documenting it via a written page) and submitted to the class inbox OR
- Worked on Achieve 3000: “Teens Saving, Not Spending” (BR poll – AR poll) with an article analysis sheet, due next class after more class time will be given OR
- Worked on a Connotation & Denotation worksheet, which they reviewed with the teacher before submitting.
- Students answered the essential question for their closing
- Collections textbook, The Contender novel, and Close Reader workbook needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page. Remember this is a regular home learning grade and the first one for the second quarter.
- Contender novel needed daily. Use the Contender pacing guide to keep up with the nightly reading. Pay attention to dates instead of A/B day until new pacing calendar is distributed.