- The search for the PDF is still on. For more details please see the original post.
- Make-Up Monday will continue to meet from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom. The only cancellation in the foreseeable future is for Monday, Oct. 31st, but it will continue to meet before and after that date.
- Students reviewed the confusing parts of the FSA Informational/Explanatory Writing Rubric as part of the bellringer.
- The teacher reviewed different plan types and the class discussed that while the plan is ungraded, it benefits the writer. It can be written in short hand, abbreviations, etc.
- We reviewed expectations for the essay including, but not limited to: organized into paragraphs, formal tone, inclusion of information such as facts/examples from the original texts.
- Students were given the majority of the period to write. Essays were due to the inbox at the end of class.
- Collections textbook, The Contender novel, and Close Reader workbook needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page. Remember this is a regular home learning grade and the first one for the second quarter.
- Taking a break from The Contender novel. Be sure you’re caught up through chapter 14, so you’re prepared for an upcoming quiz! You might want to re-read if you’ve read ahead.
- Access the audio files for the novel via this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z4fQXgdUU