- The search for The Contender PDF is still on. For more details please see the original post.
- Make-Up Monday will continue to meet from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom. The only cancellation in the foreseeable future is for Monday, Oct. 31st, but it will continue to meet before and after that date.
- Students recieved their revised pacing guide for The Contender. Please throw away/disregard the orange copy. Only the white copy should be followed.
10/27 – 10/28
- The class took their second periodic comprehension check on The Contender. If absent, please make-up the quiz upon your return to class.
- Students participated in the class spelling bee. The winner in each class will represent us in the school wide Spelling Bee on Nov. 22nd. Winners were given their congratulatory letters and word lists so they can practice.
- Students identified one area that they struggle with in essay writing and got supplemental material to read. Regardless of which area of focus they selected: planning, time management, introductions/thesis, transitions, organizations, citing evidence, or conclusion/restatement of thesis. Students completed the Writing Revision Notes worksheet and submitted it to the class inbox at the end of the period.
- Students used the Writing Revision Notes worksheet and the Revise chart in their Collections textbook (p. 339) to help them revise their essay.
- Revised essays also needed to be turned in to the class inbox with the informational /explanatory grading rubric stapled to the top of the revised essay.
- Students worked on their Essay Revisions and had the opportunity to start Achieve 3000: “Sunn A Rising Star” (BR poll – Thought Question.)
- Collections textbook, The Contender novel, and Close Reader workbook needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page. Remember this is a regular home learning grade and the first one for the second quarter.
- Taking a break from The Contender novel, but for your reference: the revised pacing guide for The Contender
- Access the audio files for the novel via this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z4fQXgdUU