- The search for The Contender PDF is still on. For more details please see the original post.
- Make-Up Monday will continue to meet from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom. The only cancellation in the foreseeable future is for Monday, Oct. 31st, but it will continue to meet after that date. See you next Monday!
- Students recieved their revised pacing guide for The Contender. Please throw away/disregard the orange copy. Only the white copy should be followed.
- Students summarized setting, main characters, and main events from Ch. 1-14 of The Contender.
- The class recapped how to delve deeper with setting and various elements of plot. (See p. 333 in Collections textbook.)
- Teacher modeled a think aloud of Chapter 8 of The Contender
- Students broke up into groups to work on their assigned question from Ch. 9-11. We’ll review next class.
- Students who finished the group work early worked on Achieve 3000: “Sunn a Shining Star” (Not a mispelling. Just read it. BR poll – Thought Question) which is due Friday, Nov. 4 (B) & Monday, Nov. 7 (A.)
- Collections textbook, The Contender novel, and Close Reader workbook needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page. Remember this is a regular home learning grade and the first one for the second quarter.
- Students resumed their nightly reading for the Contender. Please refer to the revised pacing guide.
- Access the audio files for the novel via this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z4fQXgdUU