- There’s no school on Friday due to Veteran’s Day.
- Make-Up Monday meets from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom.
- Students received their revised pacing guide for The Contender. Please throw away/disregard the orange copy. Only the white copy should be followed.
- Students turned in the Contender Ch. 14 Characterization Chart to the class inbox for partial credit.
- Students completed their final Comprehension Check on The Contender. If absent, please make-up the assignment upon your return to class.
- The class continued to work on The Contender Social Media project. Students should use this overview page to stay on track for the project which will be mostly completed in class.
- We had a brief Q&A session to answer student-specific questions, which vary by class.
- Remember, due to copyright I cannot share the digital copies of the files with anyone, but my students. For this reason, the files are uploaded under each assignment in Focus.
- Students submitted their graphic organizer at the end of class to check their progress and determine groupings for getting help on the final day. Students will get their graphic organizers back next class, so they can finish their work on the project.
- If finished early, students could begin Achieve 3000: “Joe Louis was Here” (BR poll – AR poll due 11/16 [A] and 11/17 [B] More class time will be given to complete it.)
- The Contender novel is needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page.
- Follow the timeline in your overview page to stay on top of The Contender Social Media project.
- Access the audio files for the novel via this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z4fQXgdUU
- If not finished in class, complete the Contender Ch. 14 Characterization Chart which needs to be completed by the start of next class to earn partial credit. While they do not need to find an example of each type of indirect characterization for each character, they do need to find evidence to help them fill out the character trait/type of character rows for each character from Ch. 14.