- Make-Up Monday meets from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom.
- Bring The Contender novel to school. It will be checked back in next week during lunch. Listen for lunch time announcements for the specifics.
- The class reviewed their closings from last class. 4A only did a make-up quiz for The Contender Ch. 16-20. Absent students will need to take the paper copy of the quiz (available on the front table by the door) when they return to class.
- The class discussed time management and how to prioritize the assignments due based on student’s needs. Options included:
- Students who were absent one or more days during the project or needed extra time worked on The Contender Social Media project. This was the last class period which will be given to work on the project. Students are held accountable to the deadlines discussed with the teacher and must finish the project at home (if necessary) and submit by their personal timelines.
- Achieve 3000: “Joe Louis was Here” (BR poll – AR poll) due 11/16 (A) and 11/17 (B)
- Achieve 3000: “After Quake, Kids Settle in Florida” (BR poll – AR poll) due 11/18 (A) and 11/21 (B)
- The Contender novel, Collections textbook, and Close Reader are needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page.
- Students who missed one or more classes between 11/7 – 11/15 may work on The Contender Social Media project for home learning and submit one class period for every class period missed late for full credit.
- Access the audio files for the novel via this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z4fQXgdUU
- If not finished in class, students may complete Achieve 3000: “Joe Louis was Here” (BR poll – AR poll) due 11/16 (A) and 11/17 (B)