- Make-Up Monday meets from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom.
- Bring The Contender novel to school. It will be checked back in this week and next week during lunch. Listen for lunch time announcements for the specifics.
- Progress reports were printed on Nov. 21 and will be distributed on Nov. 28. Grades in Focus are most accurate. This week the Standard’s-Based Test, Achieve 3000 and weekly A3Ks from last week were input. Next week The Contender Social Media Project will be added. Students will have the opportunity to recycle the Standard’s-Based Test in class. Information on this will be forthcoming as we will be on an altered scheduled due to testing.
- (1A only) attended the school-wide Spelling Bee. For student engagement extra credit they can choose to complete “The Road Not Taken” worksheet. Please refer to the items below for assistance with completing the worksheet.
- Students reviewed perspective and author’s purpose through an interactive lesson. The definitions, examples, and practice covered in class are accessible via the Author’s Purpose and Character’s Perspective Power Point. Note: to play the videos keep it OUT of presentation mode. Click the black box and video tools will appear in the top bar (in blue) unlike the rest of the menu options which appear in gray. Click play and you will be able to play the videos for reference.
- The worksheet was submitted to the class inbox at the end of class. 1A will have an extension until 12/1 to submit.
- The Contender novel, Collections textbook, and Close Reader are needed daily in class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks articles due Sunday, regardless of A or B day. For more info, please reference the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K page.