- No weekly A3Ks for the next two weeks. Click here for the specifics.
- Make-Up Monday meets from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom. This is a great opportunity to recycle the Standards-Based Test.
- Bring The Contender novel to school. It will be checked back in this week and next week during lunch. Listen for lunch time announcements for the specifics.
- (1A only) Submitted “The Road Not Taken” worksheet for extra credit.
- The class spent the majority of the period reviewing components of argumentative writing. For the vocabulary, student example video, etc. please see the power point used in class: argumentative essay unit day 1 review model.
- After thorough guidance, students independently worked on the Terminology of Argumentative Texts worksheet (by clicking on this link it will give you directions for how to access the entire book electronically and navigate to the worksheet, texts, etc.).
- Once finished with the worksheet, students had the opportunity for extra practice with the following skills:
- Students continued recycling the Standards-Based Test. If unable to finish in class today, students may work on recycling after they finish future assigned work, but this recycle must be completed in class and submitted no later than Thursday, Dec. 8 (A) & Friday, Dec. 9 (B.) Directions for how to recycle the assessment are found here.
- The Contender novel (bring to lunch to check in,) Collections textbook, and Close Reader are needed daily in class.
- No Weekly A3Ks
- If not finished in class today complete Terminology of Argumentative Texts worksheet by 12/5 (A) & 12/6 (B.)