- Complete two A3K Choice Articles in LA 2 section of Achieve 3000 between Monday, Dec. 19 – Sunday, Jan. 1
- Make-Up Monday will resume Monday, Jan. 9 from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom.
- Please check the No Name Paper Wall for missing assignments. Claim your work by fixing errors to your heading or stapling the bubble sheet to your test recycles and re-submit to the inbox to be graded.
Note: Due to limited Internet on Monday, classes may not have done these activities in this order, but all lessons listed below were taught this week.
- Students submitted their writing scrimmages electronically.
- Students completed the Achieve 3000: “Golden Age Selfies” (BR poll-Thought Question) + Article Analysis Sheet due 12/19 (A) & 12/20 (B.) Extensions were given for students with tech. troubles. In some cases entire classes due to limited internet.
- Students had class time to complete the Extra Credit: Vocabulary Story or Illuminated Letters due 1/5 (A) & 1/6 (B) to drop box for the assignment in Focus. Details below:
- Students choose one of the word lists and whether they want to complete a vocabulary story or illuminated letters for their entire word list (no mix and matching.)
- DIRECTIONS FOR VOCABULARY STORY-1) typed or handwritten is accepted, but words must be bolded, underlined, or highlighted 2) story may be about any topic, so long as it is school appropriate. 3) words may be changed so they fit logically in the story e.g. excess –> excessive 4) words must be used accurately in the sentence with context clues to help show your understanding of the word’s meaning 5) one page in length
- DIRECTIONS FOR ILLUMINATED LETTERS-1) typed, handwritten, or combination of each is acceptable. To that effect, work may be completed on Word or Power Point and submitted electronically, but must be a file compatible to be read on a PC. Page be oriented either way. 2) one word per one piece of computer paper, Power Point slide, or Word document. I will not accept on lined paper. 3) For each, include the following requirements: word written largely, definition, part of speech, used correctly in a sentence, connotation (positive, negative, or neutral,) and illustration to represent the definition as part of the word instead of a picture off to the side. No points will be earned for the word if it is missing any of the required elements. 5) for examples and answers to more FAQ view the Illuminated Letters Power Point.
- Students had time to work on their weekly A3Ks.
- Complete two A3K Choice Articles in LA 2 section of Achieve 3000 between Monday, Dec. 19 – Sunday, Jan. 1.
- Work on Vocabulary Story or Illuminated Letters extra credit due Jan. 5 (A) & Jan. 6 (B) e-submissions are accepted.