- Make-Up Monday meets from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom and is offered each week.
- Students completed Bell Ringer #11: neuro- in their comp. book which will be a part of their comp. book check. For this work, reference the Vocabulary Strategy: The Greek Prefix neuro- on p. 87 and answer the questions 2-4 (on the bottom of the page.) For each you’re writing the term and your educated guess as to it’s definition. #1 has been done for you: neurologist: a medical doctor that treats nerve disorders.
- The class talked about the importance of text features and previewed the text features used throughout entire text “Magic and the Brain” which starts on p. 77 of the Collections textbook.
- The class began reading the text together and the teacher demonstrated how to fill out the “Magic and the Brain” Cornell Notes on the reading. These Cornell Notes need to be completed on a separate piece of paper.
- Students finished the reading and completed the Cornell Notes by answering the “Magic and the Brain” Questions.
- Complete two A3K Choice Articles in LA 2 section of Achieve 3000 by Sunday each week.
- If not finished in class, finish reading “Magic and the Brain” (starts on Collections p. 77) and complete the Cornell Notes by answering the “Magic and the Brain” Questions due at the start of next class.
- If student earned a zero on the ‘Class Procedures Review’. Go to join.quizzizz.com and enter the code 378377. Students who follow the directions in the Jan. 9-10 post (in the homework section) for how to format their nickname to earn credit will receive the score they earned. Students who do not follow the directions, but are still identifiable will earn no more than 50%. Assignment due no later than 8 A.M. on Feb. 10.