- Make-Up Monday meets from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in our regular classroom and is offered each week.
- Students used completed Bell Ringer #13: Counterargument Practice which will be part of the round #2 comp. book check. Once finished, the class reviewed the correct definitions of each term.
- Students received their un-scored “Seeing is Believing” argumentative essays back for revision.
- Students listened to their recorded feedback (see power point for directions how to access the file— students who were absent and haven’t written essays won’t have one.)
- Students had the remainder of the class to play back their feedback and decide what revisions to make to improve their writing. Essays were due to the class inbox at the end of class.
- If students finished early, they worked on either 1) Audience or 2) Elements of an Argument Level Up Tutorials. To access either: use the online blended learning folder through duvalschools.org. Click on the HMH icon. Be sure to select the Grade 7 from the drop down menu on the dashboard. (If grade 7 isn’t there, write a note and place it on the parking lot, then move on the the next early finisher activity.) Click on the yellow ‘Student Resources’ icon on the dashboard. Select ‘Level Up Tutorials’ from the left nav bar and click ‘Explore Tutorials’ in the middle of the page. Click on the icon that’s a picture of three horizontal bars and select ‘Analyzing Informational Text.’ You may need to scroll, but you will find both 1) Audience and 2) Elements of an Argument Level Up Tutorials here.
- Complete two A3K Choice Articles in LA 2 section of Achieve 3000 by Sunday each week.