- There’s no Make-Up Monday next week since Monday is a holiday from school.
- The Collections textbooks are NOT needed regularly in class until 2/28 (A) & 3/1 (B.) Please bring your books to class regularly starting on those dates.
- Tuesday, Feb. 28 is the FSA Writing Exam. Please arrive to school on time on this day as this is the real test.
- Students used completed Bell Ringer #14: Literary Analysis Word Sort which will be part of the round #2 comp. book check. Once finished, the class reviewed the correct definitions of each term.
- The class previewed the Literary Analysis Unit starting on p. 68 of the Performance Assessment (class set) workbooks. You may access these workbooks electronically by going through the online Blended Learning folder on duvalschools.org>Click on Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) icon>Select ‘Grade 7’ from the dropdown menu>click on the ‘Student Resources’ icon on the dashboard>Click on ‘Performance Assessment’ in the nav bar>Click on ‘Unit 3’> scroll to document page 2 (workbook page 68) through 8 (workbook page 74.)
- The class read and discussed the source materials from Performance Assessment workbook pages 70 – 71.
- The class read and discussed the Student Model Essay from Performance Assessment workbook pages 72-73 and completed the first box from Terminology of Literary Analysis from workbook page 74.
- Students worked on their own to complete the rest of the Terminology of Literary Analysis worksheet, which was checked and submitted at the end of class.
- Students worked on the Spelling Level Up Tutorial. To access, please do the following: Use the online Blended Learning Folder>access HMH via icon>select Level Up Tutorial>Conventions>Spelling
- Complete two A3K Choice Articles in LA 2 section of Achieve 3000 by Sunday each week.
- If not finished in class, complete the Spelling Level Up Tutorial and answer Practice Questions #1-5 on an article analysis sheet due by the start of class on 2/22 (A) & 2/23 (B.)