- The next Make-Up Monday meets in our regular classroom from 3:00-4:45 p.m on Monday, April 3rd. This is the first Make-Up Monday of the fourth 9 weeks!
- Close Readers and Collections textbooks can be put away for awhile. Neither is needed in class until instructed otherwise.
- Teacher dropped the lowest assigned Achieve 3000 score (of student’s choice) to help offset students losing the ability to submit late work. This will appear in Focus as ‘excused.’
- Students wrote down five character trait words that described themselves and shared their answers with a peer.
- The class reviewed information in our Introduction to “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi” power point such as how to pronounce difficult character’s names, background about the text, and a review of direct vs. indirect characterization. Students took notes on their characterization chart (see below) to define the terms.
- The class listened to an audio recording of “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi” and we periodically paused it to discuss events and characters in the Rikki-Tikki-Tavi” text (PDF version). The class finished reading the story today.
- Students started their second read of the text and began to fill out the examples direct and indirect characterization of Rikki-tikki-tavi. Students held onto the text and their charts. More class time will be given next class for students to finish their Rikki Tikki Tavi Characterization Chart.
- Have a fun, safe Spring Break. Come back rested and ready to prepare for the FSA Reading exam April 24 (Session 1) and April 25 (Session 2.)
- Weekly A3Ks resume 3/27.