- The next Make-Up Monday meets in our regular classroom from 3:00-4:45 p.m on Monday, April 3rd. This is the first Make-Up Monday of the fourth 9 weeks!
- Close Readers and Collections textbooks can be put away for awhile. Neither is needed in class until instructed otherwise.
- Weekly A3Ks resume this week.
- Students used their Rikki-Tikki-Tavi” text (PDF version) to finish completing their Rikki Tikki Tavi Characterization Chart for today’s bell ringer. Characterization charts were due at the beginning of class. (Exception: students who were absent the first day have until 3/30 (A) & 3/31 (B) to submit to the chart to the class inbox.)
- The teacher introduced Costa’s Levels of Questioning.
- The class read “Nagaina” (PDF version of text) and stopped periodically to discuss the similarities and differences between this text and the original story, as told from Rikki-tikki-tavi’s perspective.
- After charting the similarities and differences of the texts, the class discussed how to generate Level 3 Questions (see page 4 of PDF) for the “Nagaina” text.
- Students worked in small groups to generate their short list of level 3 questions before the class came back together and students shared out.
- For the closing, students took a clicker quiz on Characterization. Absent students will need to arrange a time to make-up the quiz upon their return to class.
- Weekly Choice A3Ks due by Sunday at 11:59 P.M.