- ELA Reading FSA session 1 will take place on April 24 & session 2 will take place on April 25. For more information, please visit the official Florida Standards assessments website. Each session is 85 minutes. If healthy, please plan to arrive to school on time, so you are able to test each day!
- Bring earbuds/headphones for the FSA Reading Test. These are required supplies that have been on your materials list for this class, since August. If needed, the dollar store/Five and Below offer headphones/earbuds at affordable prices.
- Bell Ringer #23 — Students brainstormed some general test-taking strategies they’re already familiar with that can be applied to the FSA Reading Test.
- The teacher demonstrated how to preview the questions, before reading the packet and the class answered two questions together to set the expectation for completing the packet (which is comprised of p. 1-5 of “Gladiators, Chariot Races, and Roman Games” [PDF] and p. 1-6 of “Indus Valley” [PDF]):
- Students need to not only answer the questions correctly, but for all the multiple choice questions students need to eliminate all the wrong answers and explain why they are incorrect.
- The second half of class, students reviewed answers to the packet with a review game. The teacher called on students at random. For every answer right, the teacher wore a wacky item to wear. For every answer wrong, the teacher chooses an item for that student to wear. The goal is to know our stuff, so the teacher is the one who looks ridiculous.
- Students completed Achieve 3000: “Long-Distance Words” (Article – Activity tabs.) No article analysis sheet needed. Due at the start of class on 4/13 (A) and 4/19 (B.)
- Complete weekly A3Ks by Sunday at 11:59 P.M.
- If not finished in class, complete the Achieve 3000: “Long-Distance Words” (Article – Activity tabs.) No article analysis sheet needed. Due at the start of class on 4/13 (A) and 4/19 (B.)