- Every Wednesday, wear college shirts.
- Students turned in their signed syllabus to the class inbox for full credit. Students who did not have the assignment ready to submit have one extra class period this semester (as per 7th grade late work policy) to submit for partial credit.
- The class reviewed computer expectations and students were assigned their personal computer to use in this class. If absent, or you forget, please check the clipboard on the cart.
- We reviewed the importance of doing your best on the Achieve 3000 Level Set Baseline Test and discussed how students should aim to earn between a 970L – 1120L. Please refer to the chart we used in class (below) to see where the different ranges fall.
- Students completed the Level Set Baseline in class. If absent, or you did not finish WAIT to complete the assessment in class. It’s important that this assessment is administered at school under teacher’s supervision.
- Students turned in their Personality Tests. If your class did not have a chance to review the results, we will go over this in a future class when the papers are returned to you.
- Students completed the Student Interest Survey (Kahoot/paper copies depending on time.) Classes that completed the paper copy, this is due by the start of next class but could be submitted today if complete.
- Here is today’s power point.
- Bring Collections textbook (black cover) to class next time.
- Parent extra credit email. Have your parents email email@example.com by 8/24 (A) & 8/25 (B.) To earn the five extra credit points, the email needs to include: 1) the name you go by in class, this includes your last name 2) class period you have ELA 3) one fact they want me to know about you. It can be as simple as a favorite food, or it can be something more personable. I will reply to let them know I have received the email.
If you haven’t done so already,
- Get syllabus signed and returned by next class for partial credit.
- Complete summer reading assignments and submit by 9/5 (B) & 9/6 (A) for full credit. Exception: new-to-Landon students have until the end of the first quarter.