- Research extra credit opportunity: first person to email me the correct pronunciation of our author’s name will get 1 point extra credit. Submissions are only accepted via email, due to date/time stamp. I’ll respond to the winner and make an announcement via the blog/in class.
- 8B students, we will watch the eclipse via NASA’s live stream: https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/eclipse-live-stream. We will catch-up next class, so be prepared for an action-packed Wednesday to get caught up!
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! We are set on hand sanitizer for the year, but are a little low on tissues. Kind donations of tissues, to class, will be accepted throughout the year.
- Students set-up their comp. books. Please note: spiral notebooks are not comparable. If you cannot get a comp. book, ask the teacher and she will help.
- The class reviewed author’s perspective and author’s purpose. Additionally, we established some background knowledge before reading “Craig Kielburger Reflects on Working Toward Peace” in the Collections textbook. (Please use the Authors/Titles Index in the back of the book to find the right selection.) Reference the power point used in class.
- The teacher read the beginning of the text and modeled a read/think aloud for completing the bookmark.
- Bring Collections textbook to class daily, until told otherwise.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)
- Parent extra credit email due by Thursday (A) and Friday (B) this week!