- Check the No Name Paper Wall to claim your work with missing/improper heading, so you can earn credit for your work. Once you’ve written the correct heading on the top, right hand corner re-submit it to the class inbox to be graded.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! We are set on hand sanitizer for the year, but are a little low on tissues. Kind donations of tissues, to class, will be accepted throughout the year.
- We reviewed the It Takes a Child Analyzing the Media Questions #1-6 (skipping #3, since the Documentary T-Chart was completed separately.) If you didn’t have it today, or were absent make-up the assignment and submit according to each policy.
- The class defined ‘claim’ and ‘statement’ as they’re used for argumentative writing and added them to their Personal Vocab. Dictionary (P.V.D.) in their comp. books. Please refer to the power point get those definitions and add them to your P.V.D.
- In small groups, students did a sorting activity where they were given different sentence strips. Each group had to categorize the sentences as either a claim or a statement and discuss if it were contested, writing down three examples of each from the set. If absent, this activity does not need to be made-up.
- Bring Collections textbook to class daily, until told otherwise.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ.
- Summer Reading Assignment due 9/5 (B) & 9/6 (A.) For specifics, please see the original post.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)