- School was cancelled Friday, Sept. 8 – Friday, Sept. 15 due to weather days for hurricane Irma. School resumed Monday, Sept. 18. Thank you for your patience as I respond to a higher than normal volume of emails due to the weather days.
- To ensure we’re on the same page, the time table for the weekly A3Ks and how they were impacted by the storm is as follows: Week 1 is graded and entered in Focus for a regular homework grade. Week 2 (9/4 – 9/10) became extra credit, so those who completed prior to evacuating/school cancellations are rewarded, but those who were unable to are not negatively impacted. The week of 9/11 – 9/17 was cancelled in light on many students being evacuated or without power. To give students and their families time for hurricane relief, no credit (regular or extra) will be awarded for articles completed within that range. Starting up again, this week (9/18 – 9/24) students are expected to complete two articles for a regular homework grade. If you are still without power, an announcement was made in class for an alternative assignment. Please see the homework section below for the details.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- The class finished writing their introductory paragraphs for the Child Labor Laws Argumentative Essay. The article Children at Work is available electronically (via Achieve 3000,) if students have misplaced their original copy.
- Students reviewed their introductions and crafted their body paragraphs for the essay.
- The class reviewed the first body paragraph of their essay using the Body Paragraph Rubric.
- Students submitted their work for the last two weeks to the class inbox stapled in the following order: 1) “Children at Work” article 2) Evidence Tracker 3) Intro paragraph 4) Body paragraphs (as much as was completed in class) and 5) completed Body Paragraph Rubric.
- Bring Collections textbook to class daily, until told otherwise.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. If you are still without access to internet/a computer, please see Ms. Barker and she will print articles/activities for you to satisfy the requirement.
- Link parent accounts (student accounts with parent permission) to our Class Dojo. Invites with your individual-specific code were sent home. The first class with 100% parent connectivity, will earn extra credit.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)