- I have replied to all emails daily. If you have not received a response, please see this post for more information why this may be the case.
- To ensure we’re on the same page, the time table for the weekly A3Ks and how they were impacted by the storm is as follows: Week 1 is graded and entered in Focus for a regular homework grade. Week 2 (9/4 – 9/10) became extra credit, so those who completed prior to evacuating/school cancellations are rewarded, but those who were unable to are not negatively impacted. The week of 9/11 – 9/17 was cancelled in light on many students being evacuated or without power. To give students and their families time for hurricane relief, no credit (regular or extra) will be awarded for articles completed within that range. Starting up again, this week (9/18 – 9/24) students are expected to complete two articles for a regular homework grade. If you are still without power, an announcement was made in class for an alternative assignment. Please see the homework section below for the details.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- Today, the class was introduced to the topic of warriors. Students brainstormed their own definitions and we collaborated on a shared, group understanding of the term.
- The class watched a Contenders – Motivational Video to introduce the topic and we discussed takeaways/the connection to the topic.
- The teacher showed students an example of a biography card (please see the power point for the example) and students collaborated in groups to research their warrior.
- Groups placed their warrior biography card poster around the room and groups circulated to visit a sampling of the posters for a Gallery Walk. The handout each student was asked to complete is available via the power point as well.
- The class debriefed the Gallery Walk and submitted their posters. If absent, you do not need to fill out the Gallery Walk sheet, but need to create your own poster (on computer paper) for Walt Disney.
- The class discussed people they knew in their lives who qualified as an everyday warrior.
- The Collections textbook is not needed in class for awhile. Instead, swap it for your Contender novel, which is needed in class the next time we meet.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. If you are still without access to internet/a computer, please see Ms. Barker and she will print articles/activities for you to satisfy the requirement.
- Link parent accounts (student accounts with parent permission) to our Class Dojo. Invites with your individual-specific code were sent home. The first class with 100% parent connectivity, will earn extra credit.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)