- I have replied to all emails daily. If you have not received a response, please see this post for more information why this may be the case. As a follow-up, please click here for more information.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- The class wrote a written response in their comp. book for their bell ringer. Absent students need to borrow Ms. Barker’s comp. book, or check the power point to see the prompt and update their comp. books.
- The class began viewed the “Muhammad Ali Mini-Bio” multimedia clip and filled out the right-hand column and middle column of their Muhammad Ali Comparison Chart. Absent students should reference the power point to see how to fill out the chart. This chart was due to the class inbox at the end of the work period today.
- Once finished with the independent work, students started their assigned Achieve 3000: “The Greatest” (BR poll – Thought Question.) Students also completed an article analysis sheet on it. Article analysis sheets are available on our Achieve 3000 vs. A3K tab on this blog. If not finished, students will have additional time next class to complete the assigned article.
- The class discussed how Muhammad Ali measured up to our definition of a warrior: a fighter; someone guided by a cause. Students referenced the video clip we viewed to discuss challenges Ali faced and how he persevered.
- Bring The Contender novel to class daily.
- Consult The Contender Pacing Guide to keep up with the nightly reading due at the start of class on the due date.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. If you are still without access to internet/a computer, please see Ms. Barker and she will print articles/activities for you to satisfy the requirement. NOTE: “The Greatest” is an assigned article, which will count as a classwork score. If already completed, it will NOT count as one of your weekly A3Ks.
- Link parent accounts (student accounts with parent permission) to our Class Dojo. Invites with your individual-specific code were sent home. The first class with 100% parent connectivity, will earn extra credit.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)