- Students attending the Driftwood field trip, I’m excited for your unique opportunity! It’s a great experience and you’re in for a treat. Please keep up with the reading for The Contender by following the Pacing Guide (see homework section for the electronic copy.) You’ll catch up on missed activities for the reading when you return. Also, you’re still expected to complete two weekly A3Ks between 10/2 – 10/8. I recommend completing it at home rather than at Driftwood or en route to/from Driftwood.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- Students completed their first comprehension check on The Contender Ch. 1-2.
- Students received a S.T.E.A.L. Chart on their assigned character. For absent students, please consult the list below to see which character you’re assigned to analyze:
- Students with last names A-D = James
- Students with last names E-H = Aunt Pearl
- Students with last names I-L = Major
- Students with last names M-P = Sonny
- Students with last names Q-T = Hollis
- Students with last names U-Z = Donatelli
- Example: our class mascot Arturo was absent today, so he would fill out his S.T.E.A.L. chart for Hollis since his last name is Turtle.
- Students finished their assigned Achieve 3000: “The Greatest” (BR poll – Thought Question.) Students also completed an article analysis sheet on it. Article analysis sheets are available on our Achieve 3000 vs. A3K tab on this blog. If not finished, students may complete at home for late work credit. Absent students and students with extended time accommodations may follow their applicable policies.
- Once finished with the assigned article, students turned in the article analysis sheet to the class inbox and began working on their S.T.E.A.L. Chart for their assigned character for Ch. 1 -2 and then could begin working on their homework. Students held onto their S.T.E.A.L. Chart. It is not expected for students to fill out every row on Ch. 1-2 alone. This is an ongoing assignment. Students will add to their chart as more information is learned about their character.
- For your reference, here is today’s power point.
- Bring The Contender novel to class daily.
- Consult The Contender Pacing Guide to keep up with the nightly reading due at the start of class on the due date.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. If you are still without access to internet/a computer, please see Ms. Barker and she will print articles/activities for you to satisfy the requirement. NOTE: “The Greatest” is an assigned article, which will count as a classwork score. If already completed, it will NOT count as one of your weekly A3Ks.
- Link parent accounts (student accounts with parent permission) to our Class Dojo. Invites with your individual-specific code were sent home. The first class with 100% parent connectivity, will earn extra credit.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)