- Congratulations to period 5B on being the first class and only class to link 100% of parent accounts! 1 point extra credit has already been added to the Student Engagement: Research Opportunity grade on Focus.
- Students were encouraged to use a post-it note to write 4 identifying pieces of information on their book, so if lost their book could be returned to them. The four pieces of criteria were: 1) student’s first and last name 2) teacher’s name 3) class period and 4) the last four digits of the DCPS barcode.
- Students attending the Driftwood field trip, I’m excited for your unique opportunity! It’s a great experience and you’re in for a treat. Please keep up with the reading for The Contender by following the Pacing Guide (see homework section for the electronic copy.) You’ll catch up on missed activities for the reading when you return. Also, you’re still expected to complete two weekly A3Ks between 10/2 – 10/8. I recommend completing it at home rather than at Driftwood or en route to/from Driftwood.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- Students worked on the assigned Achieve 3000: “I am Malala” (BR poll – Thought Question.) Please check the Achieve 3000 vs. A3K tab to get the article analysis sheet if absent, or on the Driftwood field trip.
- Once finished with the assigned article, students turned in the article analysis sheet to the class inbox and continued working on their S.T.E.A.L. Chart for their assigned character. For absent students, please consult the list below to see their assigned character.
- Students with last names A-D = James
- Students with last names E-H = Aunt Pearl
- Students with last names I-L = Major
- Students with last names M-P = Sonny
- Students with last names Q-T = Hollis
- Students with last names U-Z = Donatelli
- Example: our class mascot Arturo was absent today, so he would fill out his S.T.E.A.L. chart for Hollis since his last name is Turtle.
- Students held onto their S.T.E.A.L. Chart. It is not expected for students to fill out every row on Ch. 3-4. This is an ongoing assignment. Students will add to their chart as more information is learned about their character.
- For today’s closing, students swapped S.T.E.A.L. charts with a student who had a different character. Students did not score one another’s work, but provided constructive feedback writing down (1 glow – positive attribute of their peer’s work and 1 grow – area that could be improved/was unclear.)
- For your reference, here is today’s power point.
- Bring The Contender novel to class daily.
- Consult The Contender Pacing Guide to keep up with the nightly reading due at the start of class on the due date.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. If you are still without access to internet/a computer, please see Ms. Barker and she will print articles/activities for you to satisfy the requirement. NOTE: “The Greatest” is an assigned article, which will count as a classwork score. If already completed, it will NOT count as one of your weekly A3Ks.
- Link parent accounts (student accounts with parent permission) to our Class Dojo. Invites with your individual-specific code were sent home. The first class with 100% parent connectivity, will earn extra credit.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)