- Students who attended the Driftwood field trip, what an amazing experience you’ve been fortunate enough to experience. Hopefully you have kept up with the reading for The Contender by following the Pacing Guide (see homework section for the electronic copy.) You’ll catch up on missed activities for the reading when you return. Also, you’re still expected to complete two weekly A3Ks between 10/2 – 10/8. I recommend completing it at home rather than at Driftwood or en route to/from Driftwood.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- Students took the Ch. 7-9 Contender Quiz in class today. Absent students need to make-up the assignment on their return to class. Students who attended Driftwood who elected to use their extended time due to the absence, will also need to take the quiz next class.
- The class reviewed characterization and clarified the S.T.E.A.L. Chart, click here for the original post, access to the S.T.E.A.L. Chart worksheet, and directions. Students held onto their S.T.E.A.L. Chart. It is not expected for students to fill out every row on Ch. 7-9. This is an ongoing assignment. Students will add to their chart as more information is learned about their character. Some characters have been more present, others will be more present in later chapters.
- During the work period, students worked together to answer various questions about The Contender during a Gallery Walk. Groups synthesized the class’ answers into one concise summary, written on a separate piece of paper. For more info, please refer to the power point used in class today.
- For today’s closing, students discussed why it’s important to stay on top of the at-home reading and how it connects to work in class.
- Bring The Contender novel to class daily.
- Consult The Contender Pacing Guide to keep up with the nightly reading due at the start of class on the due date.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. Remember, this is the last homework grade for quarter 1. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. NOTE: “I am Malala” is an assigned article, which will count as a classwork score. If already completed, it will NOT count as one of your weekly A3Ks.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)