- Hold onto The Contender novels. Some students are still using them given they were absent and have extensions on assignments that require the novel. Thus, no dates have been announced when these books will be collected, but books checked out to you must be returned to the school or paid for if lost. For this reason, please store the book some place safe, until the books are collected.
- There’s been a lot of questions regarding the “Research Extra Credit” grade in Focus. As discussed in class, each quarter this category will appear. Periodically in class, we come up with questions we cannot stop and answer in the moment, but that are valid questions worth our attention. When Ms. Barker deems an question worthy, she will announce it to all classes and via the blog. The first student to email her (email because it date/time stamps) the correct answer they have researched will earn extra credit in the “Research Extra Credit” assignment. Currently there are no research extra credit opportunities available.
- Make-Up Monday sign-up sheets are posted outside our classroom door for the entire second quarter. If you plan to attend, remember you must sign-up to reserve your spot. The sign-up sheets will be taken down each Friday afternoon. If there’s no interest (assessed by no students signing up,) there will be no Make-Up Monday the following week.
- For today’s bell ringer, please reference the power point. It’s important to keep your comp. book updated and accurate in the event of periodic comp. book checks. If absent, please borrow Ms. Barker’s comp. book to the get the information. Your post-it is in the absence folder.
- The teacher read the text aloud and guided students thinking through the first read of the first four pages of the text. Students wrote down their independent answers to questions 1-6 only of their Life at Home in the 21st Century worksheet. It was collected at the end of class and will be returned to students to finish next class when we complete the second half of the text.
- When finished, students worked their way through the work period checklist (available in today’s power point.)
- Regarding the differentiated activities during today’s work period:
- Students who were absent the date it was due, need to complete the assignment and turn it in to the class inbox.
- Students who were absent the date it was due, but have already submitted it although not gotten it back with feedback, can move on to early finisher work. They will have an adjusted schedule for their alternate opportunities, if they do not master it with this practice.
- Students who earned a “check plus” have satisfied the requirement for the assignment and do not need further practice.
- Students who earned a “check” may re-do the assignment on a separate piece of paper, staple it to the first, and re-submit for a second chance.
- Students who earned a “check minus” need to complete the Level Up Tutorial on Theme and complete an article analysis sheet for the practice questions. Here are generic directions for how-to access the Level Up Tutorials. Category: Analyzing Literature. Topic: Theme.
- All opportunities are due at the end of class today.
- Bring your Collections textbook (hard cover) next class until told otherwise.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. Remember, assigned articles like “Teens Saving, Not Spending” count for an assigned article only.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)