- There’s been a lot of questions regarding the “Research Extra Credit” grade in Focus. As discussed in class, each quarter this category will appear. Periodically in class, we come up with questions we cannot stop and answer in the moment, but that are valid questions worth our attention. When Ms. Barker deems an question worthy, she will announce it to all classes and via the blog. The first student to email her (email because it date/time stamps) the correct answer they have researched will earn extra credit in the “Research Extra Credit” assignment. Currently the extra credit research opportunity is to tell me the meaning of the name Arturo.
- Make-Up Monday sign-up sheets are posted outside our classroom door for the entire second quarter. If you plan to attend, remember you must sign-up to reserve your spot. The sign-up sheets will be taken down each Friday afternoon. If there’s no interest (assessed by no students signing up,) there will be no Make-Up Monday the following week.
- For today’s bell ringer, please reference the power point. It’s important to keep your comp. book updated and accurate in the event of periodic comp. book checks. If absent, please borrow Ms. Barker’s comp. book to the get the information. Your post-it is in the absence folder.
- Students got back their Life at Home in the 21st Century worksheet. We discussed any areas students needed to re-visit after today’s lesson to refine their answers.
- The teacher read the text aloud and guided students thinking through the first read of the last four pages of the text (p. 224 – 228.) Students wrote down their independent answers to questions 7-10 of their worksheet and re-worked any of last class’ answers before worksheets were collected again at the end of class.
- When finished, students worked their way through the work period checklist (available in today’s power point.)
- Bring your Collections textbook (hard cover) next class until told otherwise.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. Remember, assigned articles like “Teens Saving, Not Spending” count for an assigned article only.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)