- There’s been a lot of questions regarding the “Research Extra Credit” grade in Focus. As discussed in class, each quarter this category will appear. Periodically in class, we come up with questions we cannot stop and answer in the moment, but that are valid questions worth our attention. When Ms. Barker deems an question worthy, she will announce it to all classes and via the blog. The first student to email her (email because it date/time stamps) the correct answer they have researched will earn extra credit in the “Research Extra Credit” assignment. The latest opportunity has been fulfilled. There are no research extra credit opportunities, but it is a good idea to check the blog for when they are announced.
- Make-Up Monday sign-up sheets are posted outside our classroom door for the entire second quarter. If you plan to attend, remember you must sign-up to reserve your spot. The sign-up sheets will be taken down each Friday afternoon. If there’s no interest (assessed by no students signing up,) there will be no Make-Up Monday the following week.
- Students continue to add to their comp. books where they left off in preparation for their next periodic comp. book check . If absent, you will need to reference the bell ringer from today’s power point.
- Students who were absent for the Blue Rose Comprehension Check originally, had the time to make-up the assessment in class, if not done so already. They got their bubble sheet from the Absence Board and submitted the completed bubble sheet to the class inbox by the end of class.
- The class reviewed the correct answers for the Blue Rose Comprehension Check, so they could recycle the assignment. All recycles are due by Monday, Dec. 18 (regardless of A or B day.) Since the test packet is not allowed out of school, the times to recycle are: in class today, in class as an early finisher activity, in holding (when not testing that day,) and during one of the next two weeks of Make-Up Monday. If staying for Make-Up Monday, please remember to sign up in advance on the sign-up sheet posted outside of class.
- No weekly A3Ks or assigned articles this week. The Level Set diagnostic hasn’t been released early, so students may use Achieve 3000 for any of their classes. However, due to the confusion at the beginning of the week I am waiving the weekly choice article requirement for this week only.
- Collections textbook needed in class next time.
- In Holding: read “Earth (A Gift Shop) in your Collections textbook and complete the Analyzing the Text Questions 1-6 on p.256 & the Language Conventions Spelling Questions 1-4 p. 258 due Thursday, Dec. 14 (A) & Friday, Dec. 15 (B.)
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)