- Remember the 7th grade late work policy shifts in the second semester. Effective Jan. 9, 2018 students will not receive credit for late work. Exceptions include extenuating circumstances communicated with the teacher in advance and accommodations.
- Check here for extra credit opportunities.
- Remember students must sign-up in advance to attend Make-Up Monday. The sign-up sheet for the coming Make-Up Monday is taken down the Friday afternoon prior to the meeting and is cancelled if no one has signed up. All quarter 3 sign-up sheets are already hung outside the classroom.
- Students have until April 30 to submit one entry to America’s Library of Poetry contest for the chance to win $500!
- Please reference the power point for today’s bell ringer. Be sure comp. books are kept updated for periodic comp. book checks.
- The class took notes on figures of speech by adding terms to their personal vocab. dictionaries in their comp. books. Please reference the power point and be sure your comp. books is updated for periodic comp. book checks.
- After reviewing, students worked in partners/small groups to analyze one of Taylor Swift’s songs for figures of speech. They annotated using color-coding to identify the different figurative language they found.
- Students checked their thinking by reviewing their findings.
- (7B & 8B only) caught up on their analysis of Sonnet 43.
- Students took a short quiz at the end of class to check their comprehension of poetry. If absent, students need to make-up the quiz A.S.A.P.
- Scholarship warnings due back signed next class.
- Collections textbook needed in class daily until given further notice.
- Complete two choice articles between midnight on Monday – Sunday at 11:59 P.M. each week.
- Return The Contender novel to the media center. Books must be returned to Ms. Mayer, or placed on her circulation desk (across from Counseling Corner.)