- Students learned their class jobs today and began practicing their roles.
- Remember the 7th grade late work policy shifts in the second semester. Effective Jan. 9, 2018 students will not receive credit for late work. Exceptions include extenuating circumstances communicated with the teacher in advance and accommodations.
- Check here for extra credit opportunities.
- Remember students must sign-up in advance to attend Make-Up Monday. The sign-up sheet for the coming Make-Up Monday is taken down the Friday afternoon prior to the meeting and is cancelled if no one has signed up. All quarter 3 sign-up sheets are already hung outside the classroom. There’s no Make-Up Monday next week, due to the holiday, but it will resume Feb. 26th.
- Students have until April 30 to submit one entry to America’s Library of Poetry contest for the chance to win $500!
- Please reference the power point for today’s bell ringer. Be sure comp. books are kept updated for periodic comp. book checks.
- We had paper pass back today and reviewed the answers to the Poetry Quiz taken last class. If previously absent, students had the chance to make up the quiz. If absent today, students need to get the answers from a peer. Students who scored 4/7 or lower are eligible to recyle their poetry quiz to earn a 70% C. Click here for directions how-to recycle. This is to be done after class work and can only be done in class with a copy of the test. All recycles are due 2/20 (A and B day.)
- In class, we began reading “The People Could Fly” in the Collections textbook. Students finished the reading independently and answered the Analyze the Text Questions #1-6 (the story map referenced in #3 is from the summarize box on the previous page) for the text on p. 69.
- Students also could begin their assigned Achieve 3000 article for the week: “Are Letters Better?” (BR poll – Thought Question) with an article analysis sheet due 2/16 (A) & 2/20 (B.)
- Collections textbook needed in class daily until given further notice.
- Complete two choice articles between midnight on Monday – Sunday at 11:59 P.M. each week.
- Return The Contender novel to the media center. Books must be returned to Ms. Mayer, or placed on her circulation desk (across from Counseling Corner.)
If not finished in class, complete the classwork:
- “the People Could Fly” Analyzing the Text questions (see “Assignments” for more detail) due at the start of next class.
- Assigned Achieve 3000: “Are Letters Better?” (BR poll – Thought Question) and article analysis sheet. Due 2/16 (A) & 2/20 (B)