- Every Wednesday, wear college shirts.
- Students turned in their signed syllabus to the class inbox for full credit. Students who did not have the assignment ready to submit have one extra class period this semester (as per 7th grade late work policy) to submit for partial credit.
- The class reviewed computer expectations and students were assigned their personal computer to use in this class. If absent, or you forget, please check the clipboard on the cart.
- We reviewed the importance of doing your best on the Achieve 3000 Level Set Baseline Test and discussed how students should aim to earn between a 970L – 1120L. Please refer to the chart we used in class (below) to see where the different ranges fall.
- Students completed the Level Set Baseline in class. If absent, or you did not finish WAIT to complete the assessment in class. It’s important that this assessment is administered at school under teacher’s supervision.
- Students turned in their Personality Tests. If your class did not have a chance to review the results, we will go over this in a future class when the papers are returned to you.
- Students completed the Student Interest Survey (Kahoot/paper copies depending on time.) Classes that completed the paper copy, this is due by the start of next class but could be submitted today if complete.
- Here is today’s power point.
- Bring Collections textbook (black cover) to class next time.
- Parent extra credit email. Have your parents email email@example.com by 8/24 (A) & 8/25 (B.) To earn the five extra credit points, the email needs to include: 1) the name you go by in class, this includes your last name 2) class period you have ELA 3) one fact they want me to know about you. It can be as simple as a favorite food, or it can be something more personable. I will reply to let them know I have received the email.
If you haven’t done so already,
- Get syllabus signed and returned by next class for partial credit.
- Complete summer reading assignments and submit by 9/5 (B) & 9/6 (A) for full credit. Exception: new-to-Landon students have until the end of the first quarter.
- Welcome to 7th grade English Language Arts. This blog is updated frequently with each A/B day’s work appearing in a single post. Use the calendar, archives, and titles to help you locate the correct post. Please note I generally update the blog on A days.
- Collections textbook (black cover) not needed in class until told. Announcements will be made in class, through the blog, and/or with a sign posted by the class door.
- Collected summer reading assignments. Please see this post for more information regarding the summer reading assignments.
- Collected communal supplies (post-its, sanitizer/wipes, and tissues) These items may be brought in throughout the week. I have a shortage of tissues! Please consider donating as 7 boxes of tissues will not last the year.
- Reviewed service dog etiquette.
- Put heading on front cover of comp. book and placed in class storage bin.
- Reviewed syllabus/began to cover important places in the classroom.
- Worked with table mates to brainstorm reasonable class expectations.
- Took the Personality Sorting Self-Assessment Personality Test. We will review results next class!
Before the close of the school year, this summer’s reading was posted to the main page of the school website and announced daily in class since May 10th. Click here for the 2017 – 2018 Summer Reading List & Assignments.
The above link was found on the front page of the school’s website (pictured above.)
Please be sure to carefully read ALL directions from the summer reading list & assignments (by following the link above or navigating to the school website.)
Below are student examples of the Mind Map:
Assignment #2 – Mind Map:
Please be sure to include the following information in the top, right hand corner of both assignments:
- Student first & last name
- Date assignment completed
- Period (will discover upon receiving schedule at Orientation)
- Assignment title (Summer Reading Informative Essay/Summer Reading Mind Map)
Students who have the assignment ready to turn in the first day of ELA will earn 1 extra credit point per assignment.
Assignments turned in by Sept. 5 (B) and Sept. 6 (A) will earn full credit. EXCEPTION: New-to-Landon students. Speak with teacher about your unique deadline.
Assignments turned in by Sept. 7 (B) & Sept. 8 (A) will earn partial credit.
With the exception of new-to-Landon students, summer reading assignments will not be accepted after Sept. 7 (B) and Sept. 8 (A.)