On this day in 1901, Walt Disney was born. Happy Birthday, Walt!
- No weekly A3Ks this week. It’ll resume Monday, Dec. 12 – Sunday, Dec. 18.
- Last day to submit the standards-based test recycle are after finishing the Level Set on Thursday, Dec. 8 (B) & Friday, Dec. 8 (A.)
- The class reviewed and discussed the passage set in the performance assessment book p. 9-14 in hard copy (20-25 in the online copy.)
- Once finished with the worksheet, students had the opportunity for extra practice with the following skills:
Summarizing Level Up Tutorial
Central Idea Level Up Tutorial
Theme Level Up Tutorial
- Students continued recycling the Standards-Based Test. If unable to finish in class today, students may work on recycling after they finish future assigned work, but this recycle must be completed in class and submitted no later than Thursday, Dec. 8 (B) & Friday, Dec. 9 (A.) Directions for how to recycle the assessment are found here.
- B day was scheduled to do this lesson when Ms. Barker returned from her trip. Due to tropical storm developments, the plan has changed and will be figured out upon return.
- Set up individual portfolios.
- Passed back summer reading and reviewed.
- Catch-Up Day for students to finish any unfinished Achieve 3000 and “Life at Home in the 21st Century” p. 230-231 questions.
- Finish any unfinished class work. Extension will be given. Stay safe!
- Hurricane Hermine hit moving A day’s lesson from Friday to Tursday.
- Students reviewed the FSA explanatory/informational writing rubric. Teacher annotated the official copy to provide guidance.
- Students used the text “Life at Home in the 21st Century” and one additional text from the packet to address the extended response prompt. (Class set of packet available in class.)
- Students had majority of class period to write the response and submit at end of period.
- Weekly A3Ks due Sunday by 11:59 p.m. (Week 2 became extra credit due to Hurricane Hermine and is already entered in Focus.) Week 3 is a regular home learning grade due 9/11.