- There’s been a lot of questions regarding the “Research Extra Credit” grade in Focus. As discussed in class, each quarter this category will appear. Periodically in class, we come up with questions we cannot stop and answer in the moment, but that are valid questions worth our attention. When Ms. Barker deems an question worthy, she will announce it to all classes and via the blog. The first student to email her (email because it date/time stamps) the correct answer they have researched will earn extra credit in the “Research Extra Credit” assignment. Currently there are no research extra credit opportunities available.
- Make-Up Monday sign-up sheets are posted outside our classroom door for the entire second quarter. If you plan to attend, remember you must sign-up to reserve your spot. The sign-up sheets will be taken down each Friday afternoon. If there’s no interest (assessed by no students signing up,) there will be no Make-Up Monday the following week.
- Thank you for those who have donated classroom supplies! For those interested in donating our Class Wish List will be updated throughout the year to suit our needs.
- Students who have not taken one or multiple of their Contender quizzes were given time to make it up during today’s bell ringer. Students who were caught up completed their choice of one of the four options outlined in today’s power point.
- Students were given the work period to start their assigned article for the week and get caught up on work as outlined below, or the original work period checklist is available in the power point:
- Achieve 3000: “Joe Louis was Here” (BR poll – AR poll) + article analysis sheet (quarter 1 grade) Students could submit today if they finished, but it is not due until 10/12 (A) & 10/13 (B.)
- Add to their S.T.E.A.L. Chart for their assigned character through Ch. 11. Click here for the original post, access to the S.T.E.A.L. Chart worksheet, and directions. Students held onto their S.T.E.A.L. Chart. It is not expected for students to fill out every row on Ch. 10-11. This is an ongoing assignment. Students will add to their chart as more information is learned about their character. Some characters have been more present, others will be more present in later chapters.
- Complete missing work that is still eligible for full/partial credit.
- Work ahead on reading Ch. 12-13 (tonight’s homework) for The Contender and adding to their S.T.E.A.L. Charts
- Working on their two weekly A3Ks
- Bring The Contender novel to class daily.
- Consult The Contender Pacing Guide to keep up with the nightly reading due at the start of class on the due date.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. NOTE: “Joe Louis Was Here” is an assigned article, which will count as a classwork score. If already completed, it will NOT count as one of your weekly A3Ks.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)