- Due to the increased rate of students submitting missing assignments and opportunities I choose to offer to help students earn their desired grade, I do rely more heavily on the 10 working days rule to input grades.
- Emails asking when items will be input, “reminding” me of the deadline for grades to input, or asking questions that can be answered via the resources I have provided students with (the blog, the video in this post, the pacing guide, etc.) are not helpful and actually slow down my progress to enter grades as I have 24-48 working hours to answer emails and a longer window to input grades. Please help by refraining from sending unhelpful emails.
- I have provided a video below that answers the FAQ I get, especially near the end of a quarter such as “do you use points or a weight-based system?” “how much will this assignment hurt my grade?” “if I do ____, how much will that bring up my grade?” “I don’t know what this is. How can I find out what assignment this is?” and more. It also gives the breakdown that I shared in class, that not all students may have understood well enough to relay to parents/guardians. It gives a look at FOCUS and I review the different codes and explain what you’re looking at. So if you’re confused at the difference among assignments, recycling, and alternate assignments, around the 11 minute mark you’ll find your answer.
- If you’ve done your due diligence and still have a question, please feel free to email me (and get a response in 24-48 working hours later,) or talk to me in person (for more immediate results.) I’m not discouraging emails… just ask yourself if what you’re emailing is true, helpful, necessary, and kind. If it’s all four, fire away!
- Thank you for your patience and understanding! By honoring my request to send only relevant emails, you’re ensuring my time can be devoted to grading and I can have grades finalized prior to the Friday at 4:30 P.M. deadline and you can have time to review it for any mistakes, which I in turn can fix. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.