- There’s no school this Friday in observance of Veteran’s Day.
- Hold onto The Contender novels. Some students are still using them given they were absent and have extensions on assignments that require the novel. Thus, no dates have been announced when these books will be collected, but books checked out to you must be returned to the school or paid for if lost. For this reason, please store the book some place safe, until the books are collected.
- There’s been a lot of questions regarding the “Research Extra Credit” grade in Focus. As discussed in class, each quarter this category will appear. Periodically in class, we come up with questions we cannot stop and answer in the moment, but that are valid questions worth our attention. When Ms. Barker deems an question worthy, she will announce it to all classes and via the blog. The first student to email her (email because it date/time stamps) the correct answer they have researched will earn extra credit in the “Research Extra Credit” assignment. Currently there are no research extra credit opportunities available.
- Make-Up Monday sign-up sheets are posted outside our classroom door for the entire second quarter. If you plan to attend, remember you must sign-up to reserve your spot. The sign-up sheets will be taken down each Friday afternoon. If there’s no interest (assessed by no students signing up,) there will be no Make-Up Monday the following week. Thank you to everyone who signed up and showed up!
- Today students completed a Universal Theme Bell Ringer and added it to their comp. books after the class reviewed the answers.
- Students who were absent last class, received their Close Reader. Students who did not remember to bring their Close Reader had a packet of the text in which they could write.
- The class picked up where we left off last time and discussed interpretations to the end of the short story. To see an overview of our class discussion points, please view the “He–y, Come on Ou–t!” Analysis Tasks. All classes completed Analysis Tasks #1 and #2. We answered some questions through adding a “Hey, Come on Out” Analysis Chart to our comp. books. Please reference Ms. Barker’s comp. book, if absent, to ensure your comp. book is up-to-date and accurate. Only 5B completed Analysis Task #3.
- Bring your Collections textbook (hard cover) next class.
- Submit your typed essay to Focus and your written essay packet to the class inbox by your deadline (see this post for the specifics.) Please note, essays may be turned in prior to deadlines, but the written essay still needs to be submitted to communicate the essay in Focus is the finalized essay and is ready to be graded.
- Complete two weekly A3K choice articles between midnight on Monday – 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, scoring 75% or higher on each article to earn credit. For more info, please check the Achieve 3000 vs. Weekly A3K tab to answer FAQ. Remember, assigned articles like “Milky Ways in the Making” count for an assigned article only.
- Finish ONE extension activity packet by 11/6 (A) 11/7 (B) for full credit and 11/8 (A) 11/9 (B) for partial credit. Packets are available in class, if you were absent or forgot to pick one up. They’re on the table by the door, since you choose your preference.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Turn in late work (only accepted one A or B day late.)