Before the close of the school year, this summer’s reading was posted to the main page of the school website and announced daily in class since May 10th. Click here for the 2017 – 2018 Summer Reading List & Assignments.
The above link was found on the front page of the school’s website (pictured above.)
Please be sure to carefully read ALL directions from the summer reading list & assignments (by following the link above or navigating to the school website.)
Below are student examples of the Mind Map:
Assignment #2 – Mind Map:
Please be sure to include the following information in the top, right hand corner of both assignments:
- Student first & last name
- Date assignment completed
- Period (will discover upon receiving schedule at Orientation)
- Assignment title (Summer Reading Informative Essay/Summer Reading Mind Map)
Students who have the assignment ready to turn in the first day of ELA will earn 1 extra credit point per assignment.
Assignments turned in by Sept. 5 (B) and Sept. 6 (A) will earn full credit. EXCEPTION: New-to-Landon students. Speak with teacher about your unique deadline.
Assignments turned in by Sept. 7 (B) & Sept. 8 (A) will earn partial credit.
With the exception of new-to-Landon students, summer reading assignments will not be accepted after Sept. 7 (B) and Sept. 8 (A.)
The Supply Lists 2017-2018 (1) is available for your reference. Please note there were some errors for ELA. I have listed my corrected preferences below.
- 1 – composition book (college ruled)
- 2 – packages of loose leaf notebook paper (college ruled)
- 1 – pack of highlighters (assorted colors)
- 1 – Flash Drive (any size) to be kept with student & used with other classes
- 1 – personal novel (this is a book the student enjoys reading and will be kept with them. It will change throughout the year as they finish one and get another, but students need to bring something they enjoy reading to class each day.)
- Pens (dark blue and/or black ink only) and/or pencils
- 1-package of post-its (any size and color)
- 1 – package of markers OR colored pencils
- 1-set of headphones or earbuds (ideally WITH a microphone.) They will be kept with the student, but will be needed occasionally in class and are required for testing.
- 1 – one-inch three ring binder
- 1 -set of 6 dividers for three ring binder
- 1-pack of 10 count page protectors
- 1-pocket dictionary/thesaurus
- 1-pack of 3×5 index cards
Class Wish List:
Donations to the class wish list are purely voluntary. Any items below would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for considering contributing. Teacher preference is disinfectant wipes/spray, copy paper, and tissues.
- Clorox wipes
- Lysol spray
- Copy paper (white or pastel colors)
- Post-its (any size or color)
- Glue sticks
- Thin-tipped expo markers